- Sponsor an organ, tissue and eye donor registry drive. The recommended way to become a donor is by enrolling in the New York State Donate Life Registry, a confidential database administered by New York State’s Department of Health. Some companies create competitions among departments or field offices.
- Add a pro-donation message to employee stubs each month of the year and include information about donation during your company's annual enrollment for benefits period. Suggested messages are available from LiveOnNY.
- Sponsor a presentation on donation: Invite transplant recipients, donor family members, living donors, and members of the LiveOnNY staff, to implement an educational program for employees.
- Include articles on donation in your company newsletter or eNewsletter. Feature stories about employees who are recipients, donor family members or living donors, or who may be waiting for an organ transplant.
- Inform your employees or members that they can enroll in the New York State Donate Life Registry at www.DonateLifeNY.org.
Source: Workplace Partnership for Life/U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services