There are a variety of ways to be an organ, tissue and eye donor in New York State.
- At the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV): Check off the donor box on your driver’s license application or renewal form, or when applying for or renewing a non-driver identification card.
- Online: Fill out the Donor Registry enrollment form on this website. Once you’ve filled out the form online, print it, sign it, and mail it to the New York State Department of Health.
- By Mail: Download a Donor Registry enrollment form and mail it in.
No matter which method you choose to enroll, you will receive confirmation by mail from the New York State Department of Health that you are a designated donor.
At that time, you can specify which organs and tissues you may wish to exclude as a donor.
If you wish to order free copies of the New York State Donate Life Registry Brochure, send an e-mail to email@example.com or call 646-291-4456.
To find out about your New York State Donate Life Registry status, to make changes to your enrollment information or to remove your name from the registry, you can do so in any of the following ways:
- Write to: The New York State Donate Life Registry, New York State Department of Health, 875 Central Avenue, Albany, NY 12206.
- Call the Department of Health 866-693-6667 during the hours of 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday.
- E-mail the Department of Health: firstname.lastname@example.org.